1. AWWA an acronym for Army Wives Welfare Association is a registered NGO. The association works for the welfare of the spouses, children and dependents of the Army personnel. It was officially registered as a Welfare Society with the Registrar of Societies, Delhi Administration on 23 August 1966.
2. It supports the welfare goals of Central & State govts by actively engaging in empowering and bettering the living conditions of the above category of persons many of whom are from rural areas. The NGO very specifically looks after the physical and emotional rehabilitation of widows of Army personnel killed in action.
3. The NGO also runs 37 Asha schools for special children of Army personnel. Many of these 37 schools are situated in remote corners of the country where none such other facility is available. Therefore, these schools very often also cater to the needs of the civil population.
4. AWWA is registerd with Ministry of Corporate Affairs for undertaking CSR activities. CSR registration No is CSR00001826.
5. Funds can be donated for following cause:
(a) Empowerment of war widows, widows and battle causalities.
(b) Empowerment and rehabilitation of differently-abled children.
(c) Establish suitable handicraft projects and interfaces with other bodies in the handicraft sector to enable ideal entrepreneurship, self-help groups and cooperatives to achieve the aim of Socio-Economic Empowerment.
(d) Financial assistance to needy children of widows of ex-servicemen.
(e) Hospital equipment and welfare of cancer and other terminally ill patients.
Welfare Complex, Room No-118, 'A' Wing, Sena Bhavan
IHQ of MoD (Army), New Delhi-110011
Name of Fund: CSR Fund AWWA A/C No: 90552010165842
Bank Name : Syndicate Bank (Now Canera Bank) South Block
IFSC Code : SYNB0009055
For any kind of assistance or query the contact details are as under :-
Email : centralawwa[at]gmail[dot]com
Tel : 011-23018183
Donations made to “Army Wives Welfare Association Fund” New Delhi, are exempted from Income Tax under section 88-G (5) (VI) of the Income Tax Act 1961, subject to the limits & conditions prescribed in the said section vide their order No DIT (E) 2007-2008/A-247/2907 dt 14 Dec 2007