1. As an institution, AWWA is a unique organization, with a focused concern for Veer Naris and the families of serving personnel in the Indian Army. In recent times, AWWA has paid special attention to the empowerment of women by successfully upgrading the existing Vocational Training Centres (VTC’s) in many stations into Army Skill Training Centres (ASTC), under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojna (PMKVY). It is heartening to see the Army spouses undergoing courses at ASTC and making full use of this initiative in empowering themselves.
2. As we face the changing social environment, there is an upward trend in marital discord cases. Southern Command AWWA has striven to provide timely counselling, assistance and motivation to our military families, to make their marriages work. In the event of imminent separation, we have proactively initiated measures to provide earliest support & relief to these ladies. At Southern Command we have been constantly working with utmost passion and dedication towards notable improvement in our APPS and Asha Schools, focussing on providing a solid foundation & rehabilitation respectively, and towards generating viable employment opportunities for Veer Naris and families of serving soldiers, by imparting professional training and skill development through AWWA, besides making a difference in their thinking and lives. Besides this, the all round development of the girl child and her holistic care has also been a priority.
3. It is heartening to see the hard work done by our many institutions who have been working selflessly towards making a huge difference. To mention a few, there is ‘The ART Centre’, Pune who are working to brings smiles to infertile couples; ‘SHRAVAN’, where the staff is working hard to bring joy to many and ‘Asha School’, where the staff has been working day in & day out to bring joy to the specially abled children.
1. “Asha, Vishwas and Astha” has always been the guiding factor of all activities of Southern Comd AWWA. The spirit of caring and sharing with abundant hope, confidence and trust has always been the under lying guideline of our efforts to all welfare activities.
2. Our focus areas have been health & personal care, education and overall growth, women empowerment, wellness and improvement in quality of life, welfare of ex-servicemen & veer naris and pro active approach on marital discord cases.
3. KRAs of Regional President AWWA.
(a) Vocational training through VTCs / ASTCs, Health Care and Hygiene for families.
(b) Awareness through workshops, scholarships, counseling and guidance to school going children.
(c) Upgradation of ASHA Schools and APPS.
(d) Proactive approach in resolving Marital Discord cases.
(e) Generate employment opportunities for Veer Naris and families of serving soldiers by imparting professional training and skill development through AWWA.
(f) Establishment of Project Asha Kiran at APPS.
4. SHRAVAN. Children who are born with hearing impairment early in life are bound to develop significant disability in verbal communication. Hearing impaired children can be rehabilitated with their appropriate hearing aids or by Cochlear Implantation surgery. While these measures augment the auditory skills in these children, the systematic long term speech therapy is the only route for these children to develop verbal skills in speech and language.
8. This unique centre managed by Dept of ENT, AFMC and Command Hospital (Southern Comd) was started on 19 Jul 2011 under the aegis of HQ Southern Comd. Dept of ENT AFMC and Comd Hosp (SC) are designated Cochlear Implant Centre of the ArmedForces Medical Services (AFMS). SHRAVAN has been instrumentalin implementation of Universal Neonatal Hearing Screening Programme (UNHSP)and Cochlear Implant Programme for the service clientele. A total of 212children have undergone Audio Verbal Therapy.MrsNeena Saini, Regional President AWWAvis the centre on 05 Dec 2108.
6. PRERNA. PRERNA a purely voluntary organisation, has been initiated by HQ Southern Command with an aim to provide emotional and social support to cancer patients undergoing treatment at Command Hospital (Southern Command). MrsNeena Saini, Regional President AWWA vis PRERNA and interacted with patients.
7. ART Centre, Pune. Assisted Reproductive Technology Centre (ART), Comd Hosp (SC), Pune was reinstated in 2009 with an aim to fulfill the dream of the sub fertile couples of Armd Forces and help them achieve parenthood. It is a home of hopefor the sub fertile couples. It caters to an outpatient workload of approximate 150 couples daily and conduct 65 to 70 IVF cycles per month with47-50% of positive results.MrsNeena Saini, Regional President AWWA vis the centre on 05 Dec 2108.
8. ASTC. The Army Skill Training Centre (ASTC) has been registered through Army Welfare Placement Org (AWPO) by directorate of Indian Army Veterans (DIAV) on 17 Mar 17. As of now eight Army Skill Training Centre have been set up in Southern Comd at Pune, Kirkee, Jodhpur, Sagour, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jhansi and Secunderabad.Regional President AWWA vis ASTC Protsahan, Puneon 29 Nov 2018.
9. Vis President AWWA to Welfare Complex, Southern Comd. MrsMadhulikaRawat, President AWWA visited Welfare Complex, Southern Comd and inaugurated ‘Chhavi Beauty Parlour’at Maitri Complex on 26 Apr 2018.
10. Asha School. There are ten Asha Schools in Southern Comd. Southern Comd AWWA has undertaken the responsibility of educating and training special children of serving soldiers, ex-servicemen and civilians at Asha School. The School is dedicated to help them overcome physical and learning challenges. The ten Asha Schools in the AOR of Southern Comd are at Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jhansi, Babina, Gwalior, Secunderabad, Devlali, Jodhpur and Ahmedabad. MrsNeena Saini, Regional President AWWA vis Asha School, Pune on 07 Dec 2108.
11. Girls Hostel, Kirkee. The edifice was built in 1874 afterthe Afghan war. It served as Soldiers Club since 1887 and as Cheshire Home of Soldiers Club from 1984 to 1996. Further it was handed over to HQ DMSA (Then HQ Pune Sub Area) on 12 Oct 1942. In order to fulfill a long felt need, Southern Command Girls Hostel, Kirkee, (SCGH), was inaugurated by Regional President AWWA, Southern Command, on 24 August 1996 and now it has been operational in its present location since 25 Jul 2005.
12. Aim of the Hostel. The aim of the hostel is to provide affordable, safeand hygienic accommodation to dependent daughters of serving/retired/deceasedArmy personnel so that they can avail the benefits of quality education being imparted by a large No of higher educational institutions at Pune. Present occupancy of the hostel is 85 out of total capacity of 90 which is 95% of its capacity.MrsNeena Saini, Regional President AWWA vis the hostel on 24 Nov 2108.
13. Pune Flo Half Marathon. Pune Flo Half Marathon was org on 28Oct 18. A large No of Offrs/JCO’s/OR and their families of Southern Comd participated in the event.
14. Diwali Mela Celebration. Diwali Mela was celebrated at Milkha Singh Sports Complex, Pune on 06 Nov 2018.
15. ASTC Navrang. MrsNeena Saini,Regional President AWWA vis ASTC Navrang, Kirkee and interacted with the families on 24 Nov 2018.
16. Maitri Shopping Complex. MrsNeena Saini,Regional President AWWA visMaitri Shopping Complex, Pune on 28 Nov 2018.
17. Southern Star APPS. MrsNeena Saini,Regional President AWWA vis Southern Star APPS, Pune and interacted with children on 03 Dec 2018.
18. Annual Day Celebration APS, Pune. Annual Day of APS Pune was celebrated on 21Dec 2018.
19. Christmas Celebration. Christmas was celebrated on 25 Dec 2018 and attended by Regional President AWWA.