1. The aim of ARTRAC AWWA is to work for the general welfare of the spouse and the dependent family members of the serving and the retired personnel of the Indian Army of all ranks, including the widows of the personnel of the Indian Army.
2. The role of AWWA is to monitor AWWA activities in HQ ARTRAC at Shimla and Cat ‘A’ Ests.
3. Task of ARTRAC AWWA is as follows :-
(a) To spread awareness through:-
(i) Activities & workshops.
(ii) Lectures & discussions.
(iii) Goal oriented drives.
(iv) Children Education.
(v) Knowledge of welfare schemes.
(b) To facilitate empowerment through:-
(i) Assistance in securing legal rights.
(ii) Vocational training.
(iii) Facilitating empowerment / self employment.
(c) To provide assistance for:-
(i) Receiving authorised financial assistance and grants.
(ii) Self reliance through educational and vocational activities.
(iii) Medical & health Care.
(iv) Financial Management.
(d) To engage with the local Community through:-
(i) Community outreach programmes in Schools/orphanages/hospitals/old age homes.
(e) To assist Veer Naris for the following:-
(i) Securing their authorized entitlement.
(ii) Monitoring their well being.
(iii) Facilitating employment / self employment.
AWWA ARTRAC GOVERNING BODY
Mrs Veena Naravane
Regional President AWWA, ARTRAC
ARTRAC AWWA AT SHIMLA
4. Local Governing Body
(a) Ex Officio Members
Regional President AWWA.
Regional Vice President AWWA.
Nominated Members – 03.
(b) Chairperson : AWWA Institutes
Veer Nari Committee.
Community Outreach Committee.
Vocational Training Centre.
Nikhar Beauty Parlor (incl ext counter at Summer Hill).
Chhavi Regtl Shop.
AWWA INSTITUTES AT SHIMLA
5. Chhavi Regtl Shop A gift shop is being run under the aegis of AWWA, ARTRAC to facilitate provisioning of those items which are not included in the inventory of URC. The shop caters to the needs of defence personnel and their families in the station. It includes a variety of handicrafts, dress material, decorative items, kitchenware, ladies purse and high quality leather goods at a reasonable price. Chhavi Regtl Shop has recently been renovated.
6. Nikhar Beauty Parlour HQ ARTRAC has 18 JCOs and 172 OR families in stn. ARTRAC AWWA has been undertaking various AWWA projects from time to time for the welfare of the families. Recently at ARTRAC Shimla a Beauty Parlour ‘Nikhar’ has been renovated with state of the art facilities.
7. Vocational Training Centre (VTC) The infrastructure of VTC at Shimla has been upgraded so as to provide adequate ‘State of the Art’ facilities to the families which is the KRA of our Regional President ARTRAC, AWWA. Courses conducted at VTC are as under:-
(i) Computer Aided Language Learning Course in English Language (six weeks).
(ii) Basic Computer Course (two weeks).
(iii) Block Printing Course (three weeks).
(iv) Sewing and Stitching Course (two weeks).
(v) Beauty and Grooming Course (two weeks).
(vi) Cooking Course (two weeks).
ARTRAC AWWA IN CAT ‘A’ ESTS
8. Responsibility Towards Cat ‘A’ Ests ARTRAC AWWA is responsible for the following:-
(a) Monitoring of activities.
(b) Dissemination of information and processing of requirements.
(c) Issue of advisory on AWWA activities and management of AWWA Institutes with a view to bring in quality improvement and standardization.
(d) Mediation with Central AWWA.
AWWA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
9. Contribution of the ladies & children towards AWWA activities has been recognized through AWWA Award of Excellence as under:-
(a) President AWWA ‘Award of Excellence’.
(b) Regional President AWWA ‘Award of Excellence’.
(c) Regional President AWWA ‘Certificate of Appreciation’.
10. ARTRAC AWWA constantly endeavours to improve the projects and facilities created at ARTRAC as also at Category ‘A’ training establishments in the country. Empowerment of ‘Army Wife’ by launching literacy and awareness drive with regard to health care, legal rights and financial management of the household will continue to be the primary objective of AWWA.