- The AWWA Women’s Hostel is located opposite the Signal’s Enclave, on Rao Tula Ram Marg- Shankar Vihar Road New Delhi-110010. It’s a ‘Premier AWWA Venture’ established in 1991 with a noble welfare cause of providing boarding and lodging facility for college going girls of all Ranks of Army (serving & retired) whose parents are not staying in Delhi. From an initial capacity of 60 residents, today it has grown to accommodate 200 residents. It has now earned the status of being one of the best girls hostel in Delhi for discipline, Security, Academic Excellence, facilities & care.
- The hostel is well connected with Palam & IGI Airport which is 5 minutes’ drive, New Delhi/Old Delhi Railway Station and the Inter State Bus Terminal by a network of DTC buses. A taxi and scooter stand is located near the hostel premises. The hostel is also within easy reach of the major Hospitals AIIMS, Sufdarjung Hospital and the RR Hospital. Beside these, MI rooms are located nearby in Signal Enclave for emergency treatment. Delhi Metro’s CP-Airport Express line’s DhaulaKuan and Domestic Airport metro station and Hauz Khas metro station are within easy reach.
- AWWA Women’s Hostel has the following facilities for the residents :-
- Free AWWA hostel bus to all the colleges of north & south campus and other colleges enroute within Delhi.
- Well furnished Rooms, Modern toilets with geysers for the winter.
- AC study Room, Dining Hall & Recreation rooms with wide screen LCD TV/Cable.
- State of art AC Gym, library & Sport complex within the hostel.
- STD, civil & mil Tele connectivity for parents to communicate with wards.
- Free laundry services with Modern Laundry plant & hydro extractors.
- Provision of Iron Press & table in each block for day-to-day needs.
- Magazine & newspapers reading room.
- Free internet services for 10 hrs a day in AC internet room with 25 workstations.
- A green hut waiting room next to the gate for the parents, casual visitors & guests. Another well-furnished visitors room inside the Institute is opened as & when required.
- Marble/Stone open seating arrangement in front of residential blocks for sun basking in winter & summer evenings.
- Room Coolers are provided in summer.
- Best food as compared to any hostel in NCR/Delhi, state of art modern kitchen and appliances.
- Security arrangements round the clock.
- First Aid facility and minor medical treatment by resident doctor warden and arrangements for evacuation to hospital in an emergency .
- Hygienic balanced meals prepared by the caterer using good quality raw material and good presentation.
- Tea, Coffee dispenser, ice cream & snacks bar.
- Ragging is not permitted in AWWA hostel.
- Lush green pollution free environment.
- Water coolers with aqua guard for drinking water in every block.
- Most conductive atmosphere for studies with parental caring attitude of the administration, staff and management.
- Lowest fee in NCR, affordable by all Ranks for the facilities provided & payable in two easy instalments (Jul & Dec).
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE HOSTEL
- Accommodation in this Hostel is open for dependents (unmarried non-working daughters) of serving or retired all ranks of the Army (except those posted in Delhi)as well as to the daughters of war widows. Preference will be given to daughters of Army personnel posted out of Delhi/NCR during the session against vacant seats on first come first serve basis. Admission is open for under graduate and postgraduate students seeking admission in regular colleges under Universities located in Delhi and other Colleges and courses, preparatory courses for competitive exams e.g. PMT, IIT, EEE, MAT, Civil services exam (full time course) in coaching centres of Delhi/NCR.
- Admission is strictly on first come first serve basis. With college / institute fee pay slip as proof of admission.
- Working and married girls are not eligible for admission to the Hostel.
- Eligible candidates can do advance registration. Advance registration helps the administration in assessing the likely No of students in a session and is not to be taken as a guarantee for seat unless prospective candidate gets admission in a college ahead of others.
- The dependents of Air Force and Navy personnel may also apply for admission to the Hostel. Their names will be considered subject to availability of vacancies.
- First preference will be given to those seeking admission for one year. Applicants for six months duration will be considered only for remaining/vacant seats.
- Registration Fee : Rs 2000/- (Non-refundable valid for six months)
- One time charges at the time of admission:-
- Security Deposit : Rs 7000/-
- Admission Fee : Rs 1000/-
- Annual Charges : Rs 1000/-
- Hostel Dues
- 1st Instalment of six months fee @ Rs 7320/-pm
- To be paid at the time of admission in Jul : Rs 43920/-
- 2nd Instalment of six months fee @ Rs 7320/-pm
- To be paid by 15 Dec : Rs 43920/-
(Note :- There will be 10% hike in monthly fee every year.)
HOW TO APPLY
- Hostel Brochure can be obtained from the Hostel Administrator (cost Rs 200 in person & Rs 250 by post). For registration fill in the first 3 pages of the application duly signed by applicant and parent with applicants photo posted on the first page. This alongwith a DD/Local Cheque/at par multicity cheque for Rs 2000/- must be deposited with the office. Please refer Para 8(a) of rules. Registration fee is non-refundable but valid for 6 months. Registration in advance does not guarantee priority or a seat to any applicant. Prospective candidates will be given seat on first come first serve basis after getting admission in a Delhi college i.e. one who comes first with college fee pay in slip and meets all AWWA Hostel rules will be taken first. Once the seats are over no claim of advance Registration is entertained. Admission is open throughout the year.
For further queries please contact the Administrators office AWWA Women’s Hostel, New Delhi.
Telephone No 011-26145294 or Fax No 011-26141665/26143736.