Brief on the Asha School
AWWA Asha School, Jodhpur was established in Apr 1999 with the aim of providing educational opportunity to the physically and mentally challenged children of personnel serving in the armed forces and further extended to civilian as a noble gesture with a view to make them self dependent and useful members of the society. AWWA Asha School, Jodhpur is located close to Military Hospital on the Jodhpur- Jaipur highway The school has completed over a decade since its inception in 15 Apr 1999 and has gone far in fulfilling the aim of achieving better education, rehabilitation and training standard for differently abled children. It is a need based institution run under the aegis of Regional AWWA, HQ 12 Corps The school has been registered as a `Special School’ vide Government of Rajasthan letter No P/81/Shiksha-5/2001 dated 28 Sep 2001. As on date, the school has carried a pride of place amongst the similar schools imparting education to special children owing to its well trained staff, efficient administration, proper medical facilities, personal care and high standard of education. The school is registered as Special School with Govt of Rajasthan and National Trust, New Delhi and presently subscribed with 58 Special Children categorized into Educable, Trainable and Custodial groups under a dedicated and well qualified team of Special Educators, Speech Therapist and Physiotherapist.
- Master Sunil Saran. After the completion of fruitful trg and education for 2 yrs, Sunil showed remarkable progress and has now been transferred for mainstream education to KV School Banar, Jodhpur.
- Master Shubham. After the adequate teaching and monitoring sys for 2 years, Shubham have now taken admission for mainstream education to AF School, Jodhpur.
- District level Special Olympics. Special Olympics at the District level was conducted by Navjyoti Manovikas Kendra at Somani College. Asha School students participated in various atheletic competitions and won seven Gold Medals, six Silver Medals and six Bronze Medals.
- State level Special Olympics. State level Special Olympics were organized by Navjyoti Manovikas Kendra at JNVU University, Jodhpur. Asha School students participated in various atheletic competitions and won five Silver Medals and seven Bronze Medals
- Diwali Mela. Asha School was awarded 1st prize for the stall put up of vocational items made by children of school at Corps level.
- Employability of pass out children.
- Master Rohit Yadav after having been studied for 08 yrs in school and trained for self sustainment now work with his father in the stationary shop.
- Master Rajat Kumar assists his parents in small scale business of paper dishes.
- Master Manjeet after the completion of 18 yrs of age has now taken admission to Navjyoti Manovikas Kendra for further vocational training.
- Progressin speech. Children with an intellectual disability exhibits delays in language development but with continuous efforts of Staff of school children have started speaking one to the words of some relevance.
- Reduced Hyperactivity. With continuous therapies and efforts there has been a tremendous reduction of hyperactivity in children specially in Miss Saugat and Master Kunal Gupta.
- Reduced spasticity. Remarkable progress has been seen in the fwg children in reducing spasticity through osteopathy:-
- Master Anand
- Miss Jaya
- Miss Khusboo
- Master Rajat